Rubio’s Coastal Grill is giving away free, freshly made chips and guacamole, with any order, in celebration of National Chip and Dip Day. On two days this year, Monday, March 22 and Tuesday, March 23, simply order online at Rubios.com, or through the app, and enter coupon code MKTG1067 at checkout, or scan the QR code on the coupon (https://www.rubios.com/coupons/national-chip-dip-day) in restaurants.
Rubio’s guacamole is made daily in their kitchens using rich Hass avocados, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and natural sea salt. Rubio’s uses responsibly sourced seafood and features bold, unique flavors in dishes including their latest menu items, the Smoky Oaxacan Shrimp Bowl, the Smoky Oaxacan Shrimp Two Taco Plate and the Puerto Nuevo Burrito with wild-caught Langostino Lobster, now available for a limited time only.
Rubio’s outdoor patios are now open. Guests may also order online, or through the app, for contact-free curbside or express pickup, or delivery for just $1.99. For more information about Rubio’s Coastal Grill and to view the menu, visit Rubio’s, Facebook and Instagram
Unique Mexican Spice Blend Creates New Experience for Rubio’s Customers
The new year brings a new addition to the menu at Rubio’s Coastal Grill. Beginning January 6, the home of The Original Fish Taco® will offer Impossible™ seasoned meat, made from plants. Rubio’s guests seeking to eat less meat as part of their new year’s resolutions can enjoy it in a new Impossible™ Taco Salad, or as a protein substitute on all chicken and steak entrées. Impossible meat is more sustainable, using a small fraction of land, water and energy, when compared to 80/20 ground beef.
“We are using a signature blend of Mexican spices unique to Rubio’s in our Impossible Foods menu items,” said Rubio’s Co-Founder Ralph Rubio. “It pairs perfectly with our coastal-inspired flavors and expands our protein options that guests can feel great about eating.”
The Impossible seasoned meat has all the protein of 80/20 ground beef, does not contain animal hormones or antibiotics, is kosher, halal and gluten-free certified. Rubio’s is featuring the innovative Impossible meat in a new taco salad and two signature dishes:
- Impossible™ Taco Salad: Impossible seasoned ground meat made from plants, romaine lettuce, black beans, roasted corn, salsa fresca, tortilla strips, sliced Haas avocado and signature pickled jalapeno ranch dressing.
- Impossible™ Burrito Especial: Impossible seasoned ground meat made from plants, handmade guacamole, chipotle white sauce, roasted chipotle salsa, citrus rice, black beans and salsa fresca in a warm flour tortilla. Served with tortilla chips.
- Impossible™ California Bowl: Impossible seasoned ground meat made from plants, citrus rice, handmade guacamole, black beans, crisp romaine lettuce, salsa fresca, chipotle white sauce with your choice of salsa verde or roasted chipotle salsa.
I went to Rubio’s on the first day that they added the Impossible Meat to their menu. I picked the Impossible taco salad. This salad came loaded and was delicious. It came with lettuce, corn, black beans, salsa fresca, avacados and strips of fried tortilla. The salad also came with a pickled jalepeno ranch which was nice creamy balance to the greens. If you have never had impossible meat it is crazy how much it tastes and looks like meat. It is crazy see how something that is plant based could taste like and have the same texture as ground beef. This salad was delicious and filled me up for lunch.
Rubio’s Coastal Grill is offering a limited-edition “Peace, Joy & Burritos” Gift Box, designed to enjoy the holidays at home. Available in limited supply, 1,000 gift boxes will be available at the “Peace, Joy & Burritos” Gift Box order page (https://blog.rubios.com/rubios-holiday-store/).
The Peace, Joy & Burritos gift boxes will be available to the public on Black Friday, November 27. Each gift box is $39.95 (valued at $120), and features a unique collection of hand-selected items to stay cozy and comfortable at home this holiday season, including:
- $30 in Rubio’s free entrée gift cards, redeemable at any Rubio’s location
- A 60″ fuzzy, round, double-sided burrito blanket
- Plush heather gray socks with custom-embroidered Rubio’s logo
- Vanilla and cinnamon scented churro candle, complete with matches
- 200-piece jigsaw puzzle featuring a one-of-a-kind, Rubio’s-inspired, retro beach design
- Exclusive recipe cards for the Irresistible Caramelized Banana Split with Churros and delicious Churro Cupcakes, both created by Rubio’s culinary team
“It’s been a year like never before,” said Rubio’s Co-Founder Ralph Rubio. “We created this box to help create those cozy, festive vibes that we look forward to with family year after year. Each item has been carefully curated to bring a little burrito joy to you, and your loved ones, this holiday season.”
For more information about Rubio’s Coastal Grill, visit Rubios, Facebook and Instagram.